Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

If only I could really fly




Yea, that's right I'm sitting in the pilot's seat of a helicopter. Unfortunately I have no idea what all those buttons and knobs do and if you want to continue living you best not fly with me....Yet! : )

I've always known that flying was tough and that it took a lot of practice. However, I was unprepared for the shear number of pedals, buttons, knobs, and other gizmos that are necessary to get this glorious heap of metal off the ground.


Can you imagine what it takes to be able to fly something like this? On TV we see action stars jump into the pilot seat and take off not necessarily knowing what they are doing or learning how to fly as they go along. But I can attest to the fact that if I were trying to fly this thing without any training it would be a disaster. I might be able to figure out how to start the engine, but after that it would pretty much be like trying to fly a spaceship and would most likely end in a fiery death.

But no worries I didn't do anything crazy. It was just a Christmas party and the pilot let me take a picture in his seat.

Good Times! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment