Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Unwind

Unwind by Neal Shusterman is an awesome book. My sister gave it to me as a gift and I must say, she picked out a good one. It takes place after a second Civil War which was fought over reproductive rights. To end the war the Pro-life and the Pro-choice side came to an agreement which will definitely make your head spin. Abortions are outlawed, but between the years of 13 and 18 parents can choose the have their children "unwound." This book follows the stories of three kids who are sentenced to be unwound and their desire to survive. I don't want to say much more so that I don't spoil it for anyone who reads it.

I read this book in about a 4 days. I just couldn't put it down, every spare minute I had this book was in front of me. You can probably find it in the young adult section of your bookstore or just click the link on the bottom which will take you to Amazon.com (I feel I must disclose that if you purchase it from the link I provided I will receive a commission from Amazon.com). HAPPY READING!

1 comment:

  1. I read it too and it is a great book! That is what im posting... cause i can not seem to think of anything more original.

    ReplyDelete