Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

The Other Boleyn Girl

Now that finals are over I have actually had time to sit down and read. I started my summer with The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory which has been on my reading list for a while and subsequently travelling with me every where in my car just in case I get a moment to read. I finally sat down over the last three days and finished this wonderful story.

It's a story about duty and desire. A young woman who's family trusts her about in an attempt to gain power, titles, and riches. In her world everything is for the family, she must forsake her husband to gain favor and then dutifully serve the one who steals away everything she has earned and achieved.

Historical fiction is by far one of my favorite genres and Gregory does an incredible job telling the story of Ann Boleyn from a unique perspective which through out the story stays true to major historical events. If you're in the mood for an entertaining book which is also a little bit of a guilty pleasure I would definately recommend The Other Boleyn Girl.


"The Most Happy"


No comments:

Post a Comment